The mission of Second Baptist Christian Preparatory School (SBCPS) is to nurture students, staff, and parents/guardians to enhance the students’ learning abilities and build determination in an environment that promotes spiritual development and academic excellence.
- SBCPS is grounded in a creative structure that respects the individual, affirms diversity and explores common goals for the development of a better world
- SBCPS maintains a high-quality institution that prepares our students for Christian growth, economic development, and social responsibilities.
- SBCPS aims to promote excellence, the development of human potential, and to develop leaders who act as agents of change.
- SBCPS strives to develop individuals who are competitive and who will thrive in the highly technical world of the 21st century.
- SBCPS insists that our students be prepared and disciplined in skills that equip them to live productive lives.
- SBCPS recognizes that parental reinforcement in this process is a crucial factor for success in the learning environment.
SBC Prep is a Title II School
Title II provides financial assistance to local school districts to meet the needs of its educationally deprived students; consequently, each school district extends the opportunity for private schools to participate in Title I and provide services for “educationally deprived children residing in an area of the district who are enrolled in private elementary and secondary schools”. Second Baptist Christian Prep will receive a Title I allocation of $1151.00 this school year. The funding will be used for instructional materials and supplies.
Students in 3K, 4K, 5K, and first grade must have a birth date on or before September 1 of the appropriate year. (For example, a student entering 5K must have turned 5 on or before September 1 of the year they enter kindergarten.)